Olga Button

Spread The Word for Olga

Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Through the Years

Wow...I can't believe how long it has been since I posted. I guess that once I got the news that Ella's blood work was good for now, I really jumped into the Christmas season. I have been feeling so behind and although I have been faithfully reading everyone's blogs, I have been terrible about commenting because it simply took too much time and thought. But tonight, I conquered one of my biggest obstacles of the week.....I got my Christmas cards put in the mail. Literally, I finished the last envelope at 10pm, threw all three kids in the car and drove to the post office and put them in the box (the cards, not the kids). I did not want to wait one more minute to get them out the door. As it is, some of you who live across country or who are heading out of town for Christmas, probably won't get them in time.....but oh well, I tried!!!

A quick update.....I had Ella's blood drawn again today as a follow up and thankfully her hemoglobin is maintaining. (It was 10.7 and normal is 11). Her platelets are still quite low (37,000) but that is kind of the norm for her. But she is full of energy and getting into all kinds of mischief just like we want. I think she actually transitioned from the chair to the table while standing tonight (while I worked on my cards).

Just as I do for Halloween, I have taken a professional photo of the girls every year at Christmas. I thought it would be fun to post them all so you can see how they have grown.

Abbey - 1999

Abbey & Emma - 2000

Abbey & Emma - 2001


Abbey & Emma - 2002



Abbey & Emma - 2003



Abbey & Emma - 2004



Abbey & Emma - 2005



Abbey & Emma - 2006



Abbey & Emma - 2007


Abbey, Emma & Ella - 2008



Abbey, Emma & Ella - 2009












17 comments:

Kele said...

How good are you? Diligently taking pictures every year at the holidays?? Does it count that I buy a frame every year thinking that the Christmas pic from 'that' year will go in it? Needless to say, I have 3 empty frames on my mantel as we speak?!?!
Such beauties those three girls of yours, absolute beauties!!

Lori said...

You have such beautiful girls!
BTW -- Ella is wearing the red snowflake shirt from Kohl's that I was talking about =)

Kelly said...

Sigh...your girls are absolutely beautiful! So happy to hear that Ella is doing well and is back to herself! Such a wonderful gift! Happy Holidays!

Lacey said...

I was about to check on you to make sure everything was ok. Those pics are so cute.
I read something interesting the other day. I picked up this book called Babies with Down Syndrome at Barnes and Noble. I started to read it after Jax but felt it was quite depressing. While I was scanning it it said that most kids that have transient luekemia, it just goes away after a while and most don't turn into luekemia. Have you heard that?

Heidi said...

I loved looking at these pictures of your beautiful girls! Too funny that we did similar posts today! I guess great minds think alike!

I'm glad Ella is feeling good and getting into mischief! I hope you have a great Christmas!

Kim said...

So glad Ella is doing better! You did better than me this year. I never got to the Christmas cards. Not even a picture. I told someone I may just pose them after Christmas so I can have a picture. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

Cammie Heflin said...

Such cutie pies!

Emily said...

CUTE pictures! Merry Christmas my dear friend! xoxo

Stephanie said...

AWWWW, I love seeing them grow! They are beautiful. Emma in 2001 looks a lot like Ella. Or Ella looks a lot like Emma in 2001! You get it!!!
Merry Christmas Friend!!!

Alan Anderson said...

Such fun pictures and fun to see them progress year to year. You sound like me only you have updated your blog better than me - I finally changed my background yesterday and my husband keeps pestering me about doing a post - but so much to do - so little time. I mailed my cards Monday as well so hopefully it will make it before Christmas! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

OK, I really need to do more professional pictures. We've only had one set done since we got Max!! and it was only the kids. My New Year's resolution is to get a family photo before he turns one!!
Love all the cute matching outfits (and cute kiddos of course) :)

Tina said...

Wow such beautiful beautiful pictures you are so organised I can't believe it, you'll be so thankful later when they are big for having things this way. The girls are so pretty and you can see how they change with each year. Naturally Ella's entry has made the pictures complete! Have a wonderful happy Christmas, and big hugs.

Cathy said...

Such beautiful girls! You are blessed. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Mama Mason-Mann said...

OMG 2008 IS Chloe!!!! That looks so much like her! It's amazing!!!!! i loved looking at the pictures through the years. what a neat thing to do! :)

my family said...

glad everything is going well, precious girls...Merry Christmas

The Lehnick Family said...

Cute cute pics! Merry CHristmas to your sweet little family...so happy her results are good...praying they will just keep getting better...:)

Unknown said...

These pictures are so cute! It's so neat to watch the girls grow. They grow up so fast, dont they?