Olga Button

Spread The Word for Olga

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thanks and Another Mini Vacation

First of all, I really want to thank all of you for your answers to my car seat question. Although I must admit that I am still a little confused. Just like anything, all pediatricians don't agree on things. So it sounds like you have all been told a variety of things regarding when to turn the kids around. It gets a little harder for me because Ella currently weighs 22 pounds so she isn't quite as small as some of the other little kiddos. I am thinking that I will just have to find a happy medium and go with it. I just don't know that I will be able to wait as long if she continues to grow in length and becomes too long to face backward. I simply can't imagine how they will extend the guidelines to 30 to 35 pounds with out the the kids being too long.

So this last few days we went to visit my parents in Lake Havasu, AZ. It is only about a 4 hour drive so we are able to get away for a few days during my husband's weekend (he has 3 to 4 days off a week). Ella has been out on the boat before but the water was getting cold last October so she didn't actually get to swim. This time it was 108 degrees so the water felt wonderful!! We spent most of our time just floating in the channel and then went on a boat ride to let the big kids do some tubing. Ella loved every minute of the lake except wearing that darn life vest. It is bigger than her and she can barely move around in it. That coupled with it being so hot and having to wear this bulky thing....I don't know how anyone could stand it. But as you can see from the pics below....she fell right to sleep in it when we were on the move. The pictures are pretty self explanatory except that the one of her foot is suppose to show pruned she got.










































8 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks like a great time. That Snnopy life jacket does look like it would gobble her up. She was still happy and smiling no matter what.

Unknown said...

Looks like a blast! Ella is just so darn cute. Every time I see a picture of her, I just crack up. I swear, I can hear her laughing in a every darn picture. LOL. Too cute!

Emily said...

What fun! I am so jealous of your vacation! Looks like everybody had a fantastic time!

Heidi said...

Could she get any cuter?!! It looks like you had a lot of fun!

I remember putting a life vest on Joel last summer when we went paddle boating. He hated it - he cried and cried the whole time!

Lacey said...

how fun. I think the first thing we want to buy when we move to Cali is a boat. I really want one.

Unknown said...

It didn't make sense to me when the paper said 30-35 lbs either! I would think they would be way to long too...oh well! Anyway, Love the photos. Glad you had another mini vaca. We spent a lot of time at havasu when we lived in Phx. Fun place, but oh so dang HOT! That's why I don't miss Phx! :) Anyway, photos are great...LOVE Ellas hat and her in that life jacket is too funny! Fun fun fun!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

adorable pics - looks like a ton of fun!!!

Tausha said...

Fun, fun, fun. We just got home from swimming at my Mom's pool, we had so much fun. Sam just loves the water. Looks like you had a great mini vacation!