Olga Button

Spread The Word for Olga

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Small Progress


Don't let these pictures fool you, she isn't actually drinking her bottle yet. I decided that maybe it would help if I put her in her favorite place in front of the mirror to try to get her to take her bottle. She would at least hold her bottle up to her mouth but as soon as I tried to tilt it enough for her to actually get some milk, she would push it away. But at least she was willing to put her mouth on it again. I am really starting to get worried that she will never eat again!!!
As for her rash, it is looking MUCH better!! Don't know if you can tell from the picture below but the redness has definitely subsided. I am really hoping that this is a step in the direction to recovery.


We have gotten out for a few walks today but she definitely doesn't have her full energy at all. It's not surprising since she isn't eating anything, I would have to imagine she is pretty weak. Since Ella was pretty much holed up in her room the past few days, everyone was sooooo excited to see her in the hallways. You would think she was a celebrity or something. Below are just some random pics that we took while out and about today.
Resting her head on a bench. I just thought her
profile looked cute here!!


Hanging out on the bench



Bandaging up Pooh.



More bandaging....look how gentle she is!!


Hanging out in the hallway...at least she is smiling!

17 comments:

Rays-R-Us said...

Hi Denise,
Thank you for posting on my blog. It's nice to meet you :) Your girls are so beautiful! I will keep Ella in my prayers. Temecula is REALLY close to us compared to my family. My email address is barryandshelly@yahoo.com if you'd like to chat some more :)

Shelly

Cheri said...

Ohhh she is looking so much perkier, hooray! and wow, on the rash...it looks great!

thinking of you guys!

Heather said...

Baby steps.At least it was near her mouth!She'll eat.Anyday.I just know it.Praying for it and praying for rest and recovery to her courageous and tired little body.

Love to you all.

Patti said...

Oooh, I am praying hard. One day you'll look back on all this and say "I'm so glad we're done with that chapter!!" Lots of love and prayers your way.

ch said...

Oh, you sweet peach. Of COURSE they're excited to see you in the hallway. How else will they keep up with the latest trends in Ella Grace fashion?
And you are oh, so gentle with your pooh patient. LC would be mopping the floor with that poor bear. When you're feeling strong enough to come to Kansas, she could certainly use an Ella-delivered course in Compassion 101.

Tina said...

Oh yes the rash does look so much better, I could hardly see it. As for the eating, I do hope she gets back to it soon. I know you don't need any more worries. I am sure she will get back to it once she feels her old self again. I love how she's looking after her pooh bear, so gentle. I can't even imagine what her little body is going through, and yet she sits there smiling, what more could one ask for. She knows how to light up one's day. Hugs and prayers always

Rachel said...

I just had a thought...maybe something about the chemo changed her taste buds? Have you tried offering her anything else? I know that when Aubrey had high fevers and rufused everything...she gave in to some chocolate milk and icecream! There comes a point when I'll try anything and maybe if you try other things it would at least get her going and get some calories and energy in.

Lacey said...

Oh almost, she's putting the bottle in her mouth! Come on Ella, drink for us!

Stephanie said...

Got you in my prayers!!!

Come on Miss Ella, you can do it!!!

Denise you blog looks beautiful!!

Runningmama said...

The rash looks so much better and so does Ella! Just hoping she will eat something soon! We are home for a few days and back in on Thursday!

my family said...

Go little Ella. drink that bottle. She is looking so grown up, such a beauty. Maybe one day she will be a nurse or something, she looks so sweet to her pooh bear

Rochelle said...

WOW the rash looks SO much better. Yeah for answered prayers. Will keep praying for oral fluid intake (she will get there!) Hugs and love to you all!

Chris, Becca, Abby and Jocelyn said...

So glad ella is doing a bit better! Glad the bottle is at least at her mouth. Your blog looks so pretty. I love Ellas happy face:) Praying for you all...
Becca

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

i absolutely LOVE the picture on your blog header of ella with the pumpkins and adorable outfit/hat!!! i am sorry to hear that ella STILL is not taking a bottle or anything by mouth - come on ella, you can do it! happy to see the rash is getting better --- hopefully a step in the right direction. thinking of you guys and hoping ella will "choose" to eat on her own soon!!!!

Donna said...

So glad to see her starting to bounce back! Maybe in the next day or two she will start drinking again. That is a good sign that she is interested in it by putting it up to her mouth. I definitely think the rash is much better too. Continuing to pray for you all and praying that Ella will continue to recover from this round of chemo quickly.

Krista said...

Sending Love and Prayers your way!

Joyce said...

Sorry for the challenges with feeding Ella. Praying that you will not need to do the NG tube and that she will begin to eat on her own. Thank you for always keeping your blog up to date a follow it almost daily. Hang in there and hope you are home for thanksgiving.
Joyce Moore