Olga Button

Spread The Word for Olga

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Sweet Ella Grace Update From Heather ....

Denise has limited access to the computer there at CHOC.She has been able to jump on to the community computer that is available,every once in awhile.She can read comments but she is not able to post.She is hoping to have their laptop there sometime this week but again,that is a crap shoot as to whether internet service will be easily available in the room.So for now you'll have to put up with me.

First and foremost Denise would like to extend her heartfelt thanks and gratitude for the outpouring of love,support and prayers.Without it,she would be lost.

Speaking of prayers.A button has been made by the darling Presley's beautiful momma Kele but we ,or should I say I,am having a heck of a time placing the code within a scroll box.Everytime I place the code,the actual picture of the button pops up in the box.Frustrating.So if anyone can help a girl out,I would so appreciate it.Just email me or post on my blog.We really need to get that button plastered all over blogland to keep everyone focused on the task at hand:Ella's complete conquering of this beast!

As for Miss Ella.She is tired.These first few days are brutal.I remember them well.And when I say brutal I mean brutal on these precious children.It is nothing short of their tiny bodies being violated and assaulted.Sounds extreme I know.But it is just that bad.She finally has a femoral line as a go between till her Broviac is placed.This temporary line allows them to acess her labs and administer meds and removes the necessity of IV's.Which was getting pretty near impossible on the sweet little love.

The game plan as of today or as of this morning when I last spoke to Denise,is for chemo to begin sometime tomorrow.Denise's understanding is that they will begin chemo in that femerol line and still be able to take her to the OR to place the Broviac.That's where that stands at the moment but could change come morning.You can never be sure.Game plans have a way of changing when you are living in the land of unpredictable pediatric cancer.

Denise continues to sound really good.Tired but good.She has had visitors to pass the time and her mom,who was away on a trip, is now back in town. So that is a blessing.The biggest thing at this point,and it might seem strange to others who have not traveled this road,but the thing that weighs heaviest on you,almost in a weird way before the chemo regiment, is the ever nagging question of,"How are we going to logistically make this work?"Mostly the stress of figuring out a routine.Pick up and care of the other kids.Changing of the guard between mom and dad.How you even fit in a simple 5 minute shower and when will you cross the threshold of your very own home again?Just the reality of the fact that, 3 days ago life was "normal" and now,in a blink of an eye, this has become your "new normal".

That old proverb of "it takes a village to raise up a child" becomes a lifeline and I know for certain that the beautiful community of family and friends of the Vollmer Family will carry them through the months ahead.

That is all for now.I will get that button glitch figure out before long and post that code here and on Zoey's blog shortly.

16 comments:

my family said...

Hey Denise, I am so sorry this is how you are spending your mother's day but know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, your family, Ella and the staff involved with the care of sweet Ella. I wish I were closer to be able to do something to help out. Please let us knowy our address at the hospital so we can send cards to brighten the walls when ever we can do so.

Just know when times are hard and it may be too difficult to pray your friends and family are here to lift you up to our Father
God Bless all of you

Stephanie said...

Hey there, sent you an email. Got Miss Ella on the top of our special intentions list at church. we'll make sure she stay's on top!!!

Stay strong, we got your back!

love and hugs!!

PS, prayers for your hubby and girls at home too!!! i know I always say for Ella, Who seriously just trumps anyone else right now. But you're all going through this. Hope your girls are handling it as well as they can. They are in my thoughts..

Bethany said...

Praying for sweet Ella!

Mel said...

It sounds like Ella is in good hands, and hoping things all go to plan for you :)

The VW's said...

Praying lots for your family! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!

Heidi said...

Denise - we are praying, praying, praying for sweet Ella and your family.

Rachel said...

Sweet, sweet Ella dear. We are praying for you and your family. We pray that the Lord makes you strong and heals you quickly. We will be part of that praying village. We know how hard hospital stays can be and logistics of getting everyone else taken care of. Sleep well baby girl.

KCROO said...

Praying for your sweet Ella.

Much Love, Kayla <3

Sasha@ Blyssfulhealth said...

Praying for you and your family at this time. Both my parents have cancer so my heart is so so with you. I am sending you hugs.

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. Oh this is so unfair for sweet Ella Grace but I know she is a fighter and will beat this monster. We are praying and thinking about you Denise and family.

Devon said...

Denise, I am so sorry to hear this is happening to sweet sweet Ella. We will be praying for you and Ella, and we too know she is a warriorgirl--she will beat this.

Hugs and kisses and more kisses from Dakin for Ella.

mandd3 said...

Praying for all of you.

ps - Heather thanks for keeping us all updated. They are on my mind so often and I am so glad you are able to let us know what is going on.

kecia said...

I am so glad you are posting updates for her! What a great friend! Let us know when the button is working so we can add it to ours!
Ella and her sweet mom.....on this mothers day I pray that you will be blessed with peace and comfort and that your angel will be encircled with the arms of angels as she undergoes this ordeal! Our prayers are with you!

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Praying like crazy for Ella and your family. CHOC is our home away from home. I am 20 minutes away - PLEASE let me know if I can do anything to help! I can bring you a meal at the hospital or sit with Ella while you go out to eat .... anything!!

Tina said...

Denise you and Ella and the whole family have been constantly on my mind since I read this news. be strong, I know its easier said than done, but that's exactly what we parents have to be when we are tested like this. I am sending Ella alot of positive energy and I know she will fight this awful thing like yet another true warrior.

Many many hugs and kisses to your little angel.

JR said...

Hi Denise. This is Anna Banana's daddy. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for Ella and your family. I know that Ella is a fighter. Anna can't wait to meet Ella...we look forward to when that day might be. God Bless!

jr