Olga Button

Spread The Word for Olga

Friday, September 17, 2010

Are You Seeing A Trend Here???







Yep.....my child who had the quickest hand I ever saw at removing a hat from her head, is all of a sudden wearing hats. It all started with the witch hat to her costume. For some reason when she saw herself in it, she liked it and now she will wear a hat. She doesn't really NEED to wear a hat yet, she does still have some hair left although it has gotten quite short and thin and worst of all, I can't do her signature pony tail anymore :( So most of these pics were taken when she was just wearing a hat for heck of it. I feel like I want to keep her in the habit of wearing one as much as possible.

Can't remember if I posted about this last week or not but when we went to the oncology clinic for Ella's follow up last week, all of her blood counts looked great except for her ANC which had dropped down to 20!!! (She was 525 when we left the hospital the week prior). Anyway, for her to start her next round, her ANC needs to reach 1000. I was hoping that this week she would be over 500 so I would feel better about her immunities but not quite to 1000 so we could have a little more time at home. Guess what her ANC was yesterday.........3600!!!!! The little stinker jumped from 20 to 3600 in a week. So I had to beg and plead with the doctor to let us wait until next week to start round 4 because my mom is out of town right now and we need her to be around on my husband's work days. So as of right now, we will go back in the hospital next Thursday, the 23rd to start round 4.

I continue to be amazed at just how full of life Ella is. She is completely walking now, is almost always happy (except if she doesn't get her way)and continues to bring joy to those around her always. This amazes me so much because she is in the middle of chemo treatment!!! But I really think that it has much to do with her wonderful spirit....something that Ds kids are so blessed to have. A friend did a blog post yesterday about this very topic and I think she says it so much better. Please click on this link to check it out.

http://ourdailysmiles.blogspot.com/2010/09/if-heaven-is-perfect.html

21 comments:

Adrienne said...

Ella is truly amazing!!! She gives all of us hope that may one day face this. Sadly I think it's in the back of all of our minds that have little ones with DS. I'm so glad she's doing so well Denise!!!

Rochelle said...

She looks super cute in all her hats. Hopefully she won't need to wear them. Thankful that the dr's let you wait until your mom was back in town to start round 4. WOW just 2 more left right? WOO HOO!

Kelly said...

Woo Hoo Ella!! You are such a rockstar=) LOVE the hats!! She wears each one well! Denise, your little love bug is simply AMAZING!! Glad that you worked your magic on the extra week at home. Enjoy your week. Continued prayers=) And ((HUGS)) from Landon too=)

BTW, thanks for your comment! You always have such kind words!!!

Devon said...

She truly is beautiful and brings joy. I love these pics!!

Stephanie said...

AWWW, Denise, thanks.

And as for Miss Ella, she is workin those hats!!! What a gorgeous chick she is! Now seriously, eternity with that face wouldn't be hard to handle, right?

I love you!!!!
Lots of hugs!

Kristin said...

Love all the hats!

Runningmama said...

I am enjoying all of the pictures of Ella in her hats...she just couldn't be any cuter and somehow they all seem to fit her personality! Hoping round 4 goes by swiftly.

Lacey said...

Good grief those numbers are crazy! Almost seem not real! I'm glad they will wait though, so you can have some more time at home and wait for your mom to get back!

Kacey Bode said...

Awww, she looks so adorable in her hats!!! Glad the doctors let you stay home a little longer!!! I LOVE Ella's costume, she is too cute!!! Give her a hug for me!

The Lehnick Family said...

Oh Miss Ella! YOU ARE AMAZING with an AMAZING family! Love the hats! Happy her numbers are doing so well too!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

ella is amazing! her spirit definitely seems to be keeping her healthy and her numbers seem to be pretty unbelievable and in record time. i am happy the doctors agreed to let you guys wait one more week before going in for round 4 (how many rounds total will you have, again?) LOVE all of the hat pics!

my family said...

Ella you are awesome and kicking some cancer booty!

Denise I am so glad to see she is doing great with good numbers (sorry great numbers) Love the second picture....Miss rock star :)

Grizzly Bear said...

Awww she is so cute! Her smile is so contagious. I love it!

So happy her numbers are up.

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

Woohoo on her numbers! That's a great jump. I am glad they allowed you to wait until next week to go in for the next round. She looks adorable in all her hats!

Cheryl said...

All of the pictures are way cute but I especially love that second photo.Hugs :)

Tina said...

Wow what a collection of hats, she looks ever so cute in them, glad she's keeping them on, not because of losing her hair (which I pray she doesn't) but because she simply looks so cute in them, and dressing up little girls in hats is always such fun, and it complements their outfits so well, so now you can plan and colour coordinate with hats! I don't know which one I like more they are all so so adorable, I'd be surprised if you say you don't get stopped on the road just so people can gush over your little angel.

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

She is ROCKING those hats! LOL Kennedy had quite the collection too! Should Ella ever want them, I could mail them your way, they would probably fit perfectly! :) Praying for you guys!!!

Googsmom said...

LOVE Ella in her cute hats!!

Melissa said...

She is such a ham! I love all her adorable expressions. :) The hats are awesome too.

Kele said...

A trend indeed... a happy, lovely, beautiful and amazing Ella in every picture!!

Lori said...

She is definitely a hat girl! -- Very cute! =) I think my favorite is the rockstar picture

Now, Ella needs to tell Anna all about how exciting and cute hats are. Winter will be here before we know it and I am fairly certain that she and I will be doing battle with the hat.

As always -- thinking of you and praying for Sweet Ella as she heads back into the hospital in a couple of days.