Olga Button

Spread The Word for Olga

Monday, December 27, 2010

There Is So Much Hope........

Yesterday I read two blog posts that simply made my heart happy!! They were about two little girls whom I fell in love with a year ago. Two little girls who lived in an orphanage only because they were born with Down syndrome. I donated to their Reeces Rainbow accounts and wished so much that it was our time to adopt one of them. But God had other plans, he already had two families picked out that he wanted to raise these beautiful little girls. As much as I would have loved to adopt either one of them, I am so thrilled that the Sanchez and Smith families were chosen for them. After donating to Reeces Rainbow, I received these beautiful ornaments with Sophia and Dasha's pictures on them and I will cherish them FOREVER!! For these two little girls have opened my eyes to the wonderful world of adoption and that these precious kids who have been all but forgotten in their countries do indeed have so much hope.....all they need is a family to love them. Just see for yourselves below!!


My ornament of Sophia hanging in the middle of our tree


Sophia spending her first Christmas with
a family...can you even imagine how
much her life has changed!!


Here is the very precious Dasha. She was the first face
I fell in love with and I will always have such a special
love for her!!


Look at Dasha now...she has only been home about a
month now but she got to celebrate with a family
who loves her very much this year. I just can't
stop smiling!!

20 comments:

Patti said...

melt.my.heart.

The Sanchez Family said...

And YOU will always have a special place in my heart and Sofia's heart!!!! Auntie Denise...we LOVE you!!!!

Becca said...

Smiling big this morning after seeing this. :-)

Stephanie said...

it's amazing to see this , isn't it?? How their lives have changed, how they actually have a life now!

i thank God every day that my eyes were opened to these very precious little ones.

Rochelle said...

So awesome!

Deanna said...

ok, wow, this made me cry! so, so beautiful. thank you for posting this.

my family said...

what blessed girls, so beautiful, I follow the sanchez family with S but have not seen the other little girl. does the family have a blog to follow?

JC said...

Beautiful post :)

Bulldogma said...

Your post made me grin from ear to ear! I follow blogs for both girls... it just makes me float to see the love shining in those little faces now!

Megan said...

That is so awesome. Not only to the sweet children have hope but so do I. I have hope that my Sophia will be home for Christmas next year with her forever mommy, me. Thank you Denise for helping me find my little girl. If it hadn't been for your post about RR I never would have found her.

Mama Mason-Mann said...

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Love this post : ) this is the greatest joy to see --the before and after pic..how happy they are ..how much they flourish & sparkle/shine with their new forever families...These are the reasons we need to help as much as we can :) <3 it

Kim said...

So wonderful! I would love to adopt all of them!

Lacey said...

Sofia's hair is the most gorgeous color! And look how different Dasha looks, wow!
I finally got the video to load, that girl is such a crack up. Next time we come down we are definitely going to come down to your house so we can see it!

Cammie Heflin said...

I love all of my RR ornaments too! I know we will adopt again someday. All in His time. I wish it was now but it's not a possiblity so we will wait! Now just enjoying seeing all of these precious kiddos in their loving homes!

Erica said...

That's so awesome! I know how that was weighing heavily on your heart, Denise. Sophia and Dasha look so happy with their new families. All involved are truly blessed!

Anonymous said...

i love love love this post, it made my night, its awesome to see the before and after, it makes me want to adopt that much more someday! thank you for posting this! we continue to life Ella up in our prayers!

Julie said...

Denise you have been my biggest cheerleader through this whole journey and so many times your words have helped me keep on truckin'! Love you and Ella!

patsy said...

happy tears! i hope next year when i get out my olga ornament i will be smiling knowing she is with her family :)

Melissa said...

I love that your 'ornaments' have homes this year!! I hope that next year Celine is with her parents too!