First of all, thank you so much to everyone who donated money towards little Sophia's family to help cover the initial costs of her adoption. We were able to raise over $350.00 which is wonderful but is just a small dent in the $2000 that they still need to cover home study costs. So, if there is anyone who would still like to donate money for initial costs, please go to Megan's blog at A Journey of the Heart and you can use her chipin button. I know this is a tough time choose who to donate to with so many great causes out there but I so appreciate those that chose to help Sophia. Megan is really going on faith that God will provide the money necessary for her to complete the adoption and I know that God is using us to help her. We will be doing the drawing for the Reeces Rainbow quilt today or tomorrow and I will announce the winner shortly after.
Now, for an Ella update. Ella has been fighting a cold since we first started this round. It seemed like it had gone away this past week but then it seems to have come back with vengeance the last few days. They have determined that she has something called the Adenovirus which can cause respiratory problems. Her chest xray looks fine and her lungs sound good so far so they are just keeping a close eye on her and doing breathing treatments a couple times a day. Because of this, we are basically in isolation now so we can't leave the room which is a bummer.
She has also had some abdominal tenderness the past few days. Whenever we would pick her up, she would whine and pull her legs up towards her chest. Today her G-tube site looked kind of red and swollen. I am thinking that this could be the cause of her pain. They took her down to do an ultrasound of the area to make sure there there isn't an abscess so hopefully we will get those results later tonight. So, although we aren't dealing with super serious things at this point, we aren't quite sailing through this round like we hoped to. I guess the good news is that we would be in the hospital right now anyway waiting on her counts so she is in good hands and we aren't being delayed at this point. Speaking of her counts, they are almost down to zero, hopefully we will hit it in the next day or two and then wait for them to start coming back up. We are still very hopeful that we will make it home in time for Christmas. But we would sure appreciate continued prayers for none of these little things to turn more serious and keep us here any longer than necessary.
Here is Ella being wheeled down to get her ultrasound.
Here is Emma getting her Honor Roll recognition
Christmas picture of Ella. It was the first
day she was free from her IV lines last week
and she wouldn't stop moving for anything!!